Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy November!

Hi everyone!
Just a quick update. Most of the pieces are in for the new Square Carousel challenge. We were approached by Philippe Debongnie of Jazz and Draw (thanks to our success with They Draw and Travel) a few weeks ago. Then the group, prompted by Jazz and Draw, created pieces inspired by jazz music, whether that be a specific artist or general mood.

I chose to create a pattern for my piece. It is some of the best fun I can have, honestly! I don't know what it is about repetition like that, but nothing can compare to the feeling of creating something like this. (Plus, I'm a pattern junkie anyway. You would agree if you've seen my home or wardrobe!) Here's a peek, but for my explanation of my interpretation, you need to go to our site!


"Teddy Wilson, Summertime," Gouache and Digital, 2011.

And by the way everyone-- some big changes are coming to Square Carousel, so keep an eye out!

That's all I have for now!
adios,
Caitlin

1 comment:

salli s. swindell said...

I'm a pattern junkie too ... and your patterns are really cool!!!