Monday, October 11, 2010

Constant Inspiration

Still no scans of my current projects, but I will have work to show pretty soon, promise!
In the meantime, I have been seeing some pretty inspiring work around town.
First, in one of the last places I'd expect, I found some great retro packaging in Kroger while picking up my weekly groceries. Quaker, after seeing competitor General Mills do the same, re-released some of their 1960s box designs for Cap'n Crunch. I love the type on these so much. 1960s illustration and advertising is some of the greatest stuff ever.







Then, today, I spent a little while admiring the new show Alexander Hall has up right now of screenprints by Methane Studios. I love the flat, graphic quality, and again, retro feel of these prints. Especially the last photo, which really reminds me of the Einsels' work from the '60s.


©Methane Studios


©Methane Studios


©Methane Studios


©Methane Studios

The Einsel's work:


©Naiad and Walter Einsel

That's all for now!
adios
caitlin

No comments: