Monday, November 16, 2009

Wrapping up the quarter

Only a few more days until our very long Winter Break. I'm pretty relieved to have some time to relax with my family, and hopefully work on some art as well. With this close to the quarter, I'll be revamping my website (yet again-- hopefully for the last time... for a while) with all new artwork and layout! Here's some work that didn't quite make it into my portfolio this quarter.


"Octopus' Garden" Digital, 2009



"Birds of a Feather, E.V.- 3/3" Relief Print with Chine Colle, 2009
A piece very similar to this will be on my site. With printmaking, you make multiple "copies" of the work, (when they are all identical, they are called editions) and label each piece individually. With "Birds of a Feather," I used Chine Colle (to put it simply- gluing the papers together as you run it through the press) as a collage element, making identical copies nearly impossible. This is one of my good prints, but not the best, and because slightly different, it won't be in my portfolio. So sad.

More exciting stuff to come.

adios
caitlin

No comments: